Friday, March 6, 2015

Tuna Cakes

I really struggle with Friday's during lent, it's just not at the forefront of my mind to remember to not eat meat. And fish is so expensive these days. Lloyd can also put away a shocking amount of shrimp, so making that every week is $$$$$. I found this recipe online, edited with what I had on hand, and it worked really really well with my egg substitute. And quick. Super quick to throw together. 





Tuna Cakes

Makes about 10 patties

2 cans tuna, packed in water
1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
1 tsp capers
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp homemade egg replacer, mixed with 2 Tbsp of boiling water

Preheat oven to 350° and spray a baking sheet with oil. Mix all ingredients together with your hands until well incorporated, but careful to still keep the tuna in good sized-chunks. 

Using a medium sized ice cream scoop, or your hands, place rounded balls into baking sheet then flatten lightly. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden and sides are beginning to crisp. 

We ate with Thai sweet chili sauce. Or I put mine on a biscuit and it was really yummy as a tiny sandwich. A really really good alternative to all my regular Friday lent fish ideas. Plus easy. Win-win-win. :)
Post a Comment