Monday, January 26, 2015

Gluten Free Vanilla Wafers

So I wanted to make banana pudding this weekend. Which snowballed into this. They're not gorgeous because I had no interest in taking the time to locate a piping bag. That's just too much for me. But they're really tasty! 

Gluten Free Vanilla Wafers
(Adapted from here)

1/2 cup of butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp real vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Xanthan gum

Beat butter, salt and sugars together until creamed. Beat in your egg (I just used a yolk since my boys are allergic to the whites) and vanilla. 

Soft your dry ingredients together and add into your wet. Beat for a few minutes to make sure it's combined. Allow to sit for about 15-30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325°.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I added the whole recipe to one ziplock sandwich bag and snipped a corner off. I then "piped" out quarter sized dollops onto the baking sheet, leaving a good distance between since they will spread a bit. Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are turning golden. Remove from oven and aloe to cool on wire racks. 

Makes a TON. But they won't last long.  They're way too easy just to pop into your mouth as you pass by the cooling racks. 
Post a Comment