Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mommy Diary Take Two: 5 Months

May 20, 2014

Dear Asher,

This month has brought so much change: two new teeth, purposeful rolling in all directions, and a massive growth spurt (we found your neck beneath those rolls!). All day, no matter where we go, you are called a happy baby--and overwhelmingly you are. Even through those couple days your teeth were breaking through you really didn't show us too much fuss; you mostly just didn't want to be put down unless your brother was near, you just cannot stop watching him and you think he is just an absolute hoot.  I love watching your relationship develop right before my eyes.  Maybe the best gift I could have given you is your big brother; even though I know there will be rough times between you, I watch the love you show each other and know there is something beautiful at work. After your growth spurt you swiftly began filling out 18 month clothes and only a few 12 month size still fit you.  Probably why they always ask us if you need a high chair at restaurants now and we have to assure them you're too young.  Although that is coming up quickly too! This is just going so fast for your mommy, I'm trying so desperately to cling to these baby months. I love you so.

Love,
Momma
Post a Comment