Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentines Craft

It has been almost two months of no creative outlet for me and I hadn't even touched the new sewing machine since it finally made it back from the shop the day before I delivered (the replacement part it needed was stuck in the snowmaggedon UPS catastrophe). So, instead of buying those junky mass-produced cardboard valentines for Lloyd's preschool class, I pulled out some left over flannel from Asher's crib sheet and got cutting.

They turned out so cute! I cut out hearts, zigzagged, filled with rice, and zigzagged closed. Then I got on pintrest to find some kind of cute poem or printable for tags.  

So here is the finished hot/cold hearts that are going to school:

The tags read:
You'll find my heart nice to have and hold. 
This little pillow will fit the mold.  
Instead of a compress made of heat or ice,  
Use this pillow of rice that feels so nice. 

Microwave and kiss those aches and pains goodbye,  
or  
Freeze it for a while and fix that boo-boo up in style. 

Not bad for the $1.50 I spent on a bag of cheap rice. :) And I got some much needed sewing machine time. It's funny what you need to spend time doing occasionally to feel "normal". 

Happy Valentines day! I hope you all get to spend it with loved ones. 
Post a Comment