Monday, January 13, 2014

Feeling Accomplished

Slowly I'm feeling like I can handle this whole "I have two children" thing. Slowly. Last Monday was the first time I made it out of the house, alone, with both in tow. I nearly had a panic attack doing it but we survived. Tuesday and Thursday I even got Lloyd to preschool on time (9:15! Right in the middle of Asher's normal morning feeding frenzy). Wednesday we made it to my bible study, late, but we made it; ignoring the fact that I had done zero of the readings. Thursday I even managed to not murder them both, keep both happy and occupied, make dinner, and eat dinner with Lloyd, AND get both bathed and in bed by 8:30--all without Coach because he had a bus debacle that had him getting home nearly 4 hours after his original assumption (to call him mad was and still is an understatement). 

So, anyway, I'm feeling less like a floundering, bumbling moron and more like a mildly sleep deprived, spit-up dripping into her bra, only one pair of jeans fit and I'm tired of wearing yoga pants, frizzy haired wonder mom. Progress. 

Today was something I'd been dreading: Lloyd's hour long specialist appointment. So before leaving the house I did a load of diapers, clothes out of the dryer, washed Lloyd's wool diaper cover and put it out to dry in our crazy wind storm, made a full breakfast, and everyone is dressed. Of course, Asher picks this car ride as the one (in his limited life span so far) trip he won't fall asleep during despite a 3 hour, boob draining breastfeeding session leading up to said car ride. So he's awake and cranky upon arrival. But he loves his pacifier (yes! I get to experience a child with an item that soothes them!) and the receptionist is awesome and walks his chunky bottom to sleep in less than 10 minutes. Then, since we have a sleeping baby and I'm feeling brave, we go to Costco. I let Lloyd walk beside me and run to the end of the empty isles; because I am a genius and he exhausts himself. We then get home without incident. Lloyd goes to time out for waking Asher up after repeatedly being told to leave him alone (sigh), I empty the dishwasher, then we have a late lunch. Lloyd plays quietly in Asher's room (he's obsessed with bringing his wooden toys in there to play. So I let him keep them there now, judge me later--don't care) while I boob him again. Lloyd requests "juice, book, nap" I decide to chance putting Asher in his bed to sleep and put big bro down. Everyone passes out in under 10 minutes. 

A mommy miracle.

And an hour and fifteen minutes later  my boobs are leaking,  Asher is up, and I'm getting to catch up on blogs and the like while he takes care of the boobie problem. Oh, and it's only 4 o'clock. 

Maybe I can keep us all alive. :) It helps that being a mom of 2 is a heck of a lot easier (for me) than being a pregnant woman with a 2 year old. Just sayin'. Plus this face, I mean really:

Post a Comment