Friday, October 4, 2013

Baby Diary Take Two: 28 Weeks

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sweet pea-

Big boy! We are in the last trimester and I wonder daily if we will make it all the way to our due date. I am so wildly uncomfortable and you are so large I find it difficult to believe. Breathing is hard, you put pressure on my pelvis that makes me waddle, my muscles ache, but still you grow and I hold you safely inside. I feel independent body parts all day and can tell exactly where you are at all times. I swear I even saw the side of your foot swipe across my abdomen once. We have much to do over these last few weeks, and I will be so grateful to finally have things ready and to be finished. There's not much to do but enough that I still have a decent sized list for your Daddy. So many cute things await you.

We love you,
Mommy

Likes

  • Grilled Cheese
  • Peaches
  • Nectarines
  • Pumpkin Muffins
Changes

  • I am increasingly out of breath doing even the simplest things. I have pain in my pelvis from his upper body settling down too. This happened so much later with Lloyd. 
  • My doctors appointment went well and I gained the right amount of weight (+6! Yay!). My regular nurse was out sick and the temp one that was there measured me differently and commented on my size. My OB didn't say anything because I think we all expect me to measure big since he has measured big from all the sonograms and, as she always laughs, "we know you just make big babies". I'm also assuming I passed my glucose test, despite almost throwing up on the nurse, because I haven't gotten a call to come take the 3 hour. Now I go every 2 weeks which is so great. Pregnant ladies live for our OB appointments! I forgot to ask when she'll check the heart again to see if the defect is gone, it's always in the back of my mind. Fingers crossed. 

Post a Comment