Thursday, September 19, 2013

Baby Diary Take Two: 26 Weeks

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

26 Weeks

Sweet boy-

I love all your movements. You aren't very cramped in there yet and you make use of all the corners. I keep expecting to see definitive limbs crawling across my skin, so far it's been too hard to tell. Although I can tell once your feet get going because they feel so different and tiny pushing on me. It is difficult to sit for long periods of time because you get really pushy and my muscles start to cramp and Braxton Hicks bother us both.  I have started piecing together your room and special things. I am looking forward to having it all put together. So many little things to get ready. 

Love,
Mommy

Dislikes
  • Chicken
  • BBQ
Likes
  • Banana Bread
  • Candy Corn
  • JalapeƱo "Poppers"
  • Iced Mocha (decaf)
  • Nutella
Changes
  • It is already hard to breathe if I sit for too long. Just like with Lloyd, people already say how "lucky" I am to be tall and have "so much room". But all it really means is that my babies don't curl up until the very end when their luxury accommodations are finally at a limit. I have the same dang number of internal organs people! This baby feels so big in there, but everyone thinks so the further along they get. Even maternity pants aren't comfortable by the end of the day; I'm already camped out in yoga pants by dinner. 
  • There is such a thing as anal incontinence. I didn't really have a problem with urinary incontinence with Lloyd and haven't with this one either. But ... Yuck. Thanks to a lifetime of GI issues and hemorrhoids, I guess I can add this secret pregnancy side-effect to my list. Hurl.
  • While my weight gain is steady it seems so slow still. 14 weeks left and I have got to put on some serious weight soon. Most have the opposite problem but for those who struggle, it is a frustrating battle. I have zero appetite and force feeding yourself is agonizing at every single meal, it is literally a battle of wills to sit and force bite after bite down. Three to four times a day. Every day. With minimal results. It was annoying with Lloyd but eventually the weight flooded on. Then breast-feeding brought a massive hunger. Yet another reason labor is the best part. I love delivery. :)
  • My feet have started to swell a little by the end of the day. Just enough that I can feel how tight the skin is and it's yuck. 

Post a Comment