Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baby Diary Take Two: 24 Weeks

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

24 Weeks

Dear sweet Baby A-

This week we have both been able to gain a bit of weight I think.  My muscles are feeling really strained by night time and my belly looks massive to me all of a sudden.  You have been getting the hiccups fairly regularly in the morning and your shoulders (I think) have a tendency to jab my bladder each time you jolt.  It sure makes it interesting!  Your Daddy loves rubbing my belly every chance he has, your brother talks to you and gives you sweet kisses all day, and I love rubbing you as you move around in there.  We had a good doctors appointment this week and everything looks normal, as long as I can put on more weight (what a uncommon struggle that is!).  We were told to think about taking you a week early, but I am pretty uncomfortable with that at the moment.  With the holidays and your size, I think it would make a lot of people more comfortable but I do not want to rush you out before your time.  Even though I dream constantly of the day when you will be here and I can hold you.  Your quilt is even done; how much I look forward to wrapping you snugly in it.  

Love,
Mommy

Dislikes
  • Chicken
  • BBQ

Likes
  • Banana Bread
  • Fruit
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Marshmallows
  • Butternut Squash

Changes
  • I've been getting nose bleeds for about 2 weeks now.  Every few mornings I wake up with one usually, although today I had one driving Lloyd to preschool.  They're usually mild but a few have been of decent length.  So annoying.
  • My OB had to put me on a medicine for a bacterial infection she didn't feel comfortable swabbing me for but I had come/go symptoms of since my last appointment.  Since they can lead to pre-term labor it's mostly precautionary, but the side effects are terrible! I have had metal mouth all week; it tastes like a jar of pennies in my mouth no matter what I eat or drink and water just makes it worse.  Plus dry mouth! The combination is disgusting.  Today is my last day of the medicine and I'm so ready! Yuck!

Post a Comment