Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Gluten Free Banana Bread

So my mom's banana bread is ridiculous.  It's not very healthy, but it's so good. I'd found a good eggless blueberry bread that I make for Lloyd with banana's (and is good), I still really wanted some of my Mom's.  So I converted it to Gluten Free and (woohooo!) it worked!!! And it even, which is unusual for gluten free, browned and got a crispy crust on it. The ultimate victory!

And am I the only one who thinks of this when they say ridiculous:
Sooooo anywho sorry for being off topic and here is the recipe, printable follows.

Gluten Free Banana Bread

1 ¼ c Gluten Free AP Flour
1 c Sugar
Dash of salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Xantham Gum
½ c Oil
3 Small Bananas (or 1 c puree)
2 Eggs

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix dry ingredients in bowl.  Mix oil in until combined, add bananas and well-beaten eggs.  Bake 40 – 45 minutes in a greased bread pan, until top is  browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.




Post a Comment