Friday, August 16, 2013

Baby Diary Take Two: 20 Weeks

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

20 Weeks

Sweet boy,

Oh my darling, I adore you.  Despite this being a troubling week for us as a pair, I feel immensely sure we will make it together. We are half way now, only the big and heavy parts really remain--you get heavy and I get big.  Your feet are still down and you make it uncomfortable with those Feet of Furry going all day every day.  I am looking forward to when you flip around and those feet are just busting my ribs (never thought I would say that!) because you keep kicking my crotch and bladder.  You are going to be pretty unhappy in there when you eventually run out of room. This week also marked, finally, some small weight gain! Hurray! I need to keep that up to make sure you have plenty of nutrients to draw from now and after you are born.  

Love always,
Mommy

Dislikes
  • Goat Cheese
Likes
  • Mineral water with lime
  • Iced Mocha
  • Refried beans
  • Rice Krispie Treats
Changes
  • This little guy is infinitely more active than his brother.  His kicking jolts me and is uncomfortable already, I am afraid for when he gets some weight behind those limbs. I had some contaminated food and he barely moved for 2 days, terrifying, but yet another sign to us that my Celiac diagnosis deeply effected all our pregnancies.  I am now even more paranoid about all these diet restrictions. If you can imagine.
  • I put 2 pounds on! For me this is a massive victory, especially considering I had 15 to struggle to gain back from morning sickness.  I'm exceedingly worried about gaining more than enough for not just now but maintaining a steady weight after the birth with breast feeding and a restricted diet. I lost so rapidly with Lloyd that it almost effected my milk a few times, so I'm a bit concerned preemptively--as usual.
  • The perinatologist was unable to clear the heart defect they viewed at the 19 week standard ultrasound. My OB believes it will go away, but if it doesn't it could be a soft marker for 2 different issues.  So we continue to pray for a healthy baby.  Nerve wracking at first but now we are just hoping it solves itself as most do, we are told.

Post a Comment