Sunday, February 24, 2013

Reading

I love reading.  If you know me, you know I'm a total book addict and have been since I discovered A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle in the 3rd grade.  I remember escaping to her world of fantasy repeatedly those tough years we spent overseas in Germany and I was so lonely.  Books have saved me so many times.  They've always offered such a release and outlet for creativity and wonder.  Which, fortunately, hasn't left me after all these years.  

I have a new found love for my kindle and although I still love holding a bound book when I can, the convenience of having a book constantly ready to read anywhere on my iPad or phone, or the kindle itself when I remember to charge it, just cannot be any better for a book addict.  

But this isn't about that.  It's about how I am so very much looking forward to sharing books with Lloyd.  Already he loves to read, bringing you books all day and sitting patiently through his stories asking for more.  If he does, I'm constantly ready to grab another to read him.  I want so much for him to enjoy these stories and ideas.  I read him Marry Poppins, a book I had never read myself, a few months ago and he even liked me reading a long book although it didn't keep his interest as long.  Usually we'd read a shorter one before bed, then I would switch and read P.L. Travers and he'd fall asleep to Jane and Michael's crazy ways--which was just as lovely. 

But lately I've been itching to read him some of my favorite kids series and while I hate to watch him grow up so fast (SO fast), the day we can share these books is one I will really really enjoy.  In my head I already have the first few series I cannot wait to share together, so I though I'd list them here for you to check out. If you are like me and want to read, and one day share, with the kiddo's in your life.  Reading is truly a window into fantasy and creativity; I can't help but love it.
There are so many more, but these are the ones I'm most looking forward to. I love greek and roman mythology, the creative, and the totally wistful fiction of the above books.  Are there any you remember reading as a kid and loved?  I have so many I hope to share!

Post a Comment