Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Baptism Sewing

So in going through my drafts folder I have a ton of posts I either half started or never should publish, but this is one that I have no idea why I didn't.  When we were setting the date to get Lloyd baptized and I'd finally given up on trying to find our family christening gown (but I did end up finding over a year later, bummer), I had to figure out what he would wear. 

I hated everything in the store (and I wasn't about to spend $60 on something I didn't like that he would wear a few hours).  So after googling, making copious trips to both Hobby Lobby and JoAnn's Fabrics, I still couldn't even find a pattern for a pair of suit pants and vest for a little boy.  Everything is so hokey or not fancy enough.  And there are literally 1 little boy patterns to ever 10 little girl.  So annoying! Little boys deserve cute things too!!  So Sunday night I got to cutting for the little boy pants I made based off this pattern I found (duh) at Make It, Love It.
cutting out patterns was perfect for watching Game 4 of the World Series
By the end of Monday I had the 95% finished product (back pocket flaps and detail stitching remained), and holy jeeze they fit and looked adorable!
I like how it looks like he is just loungin' in his linen pants after a hard day at work
So Tuesday I took a day off because we had our 4 month doctors appointment, with lots of shots, and I already had one cranky teething baby (poor little guy, that tooth is giving him hell).

Then I began tackling the vest, also found the pattern from Make It, Love It for a double-sided vest. I as essentially making a lined vest because I didn't care if it was reversible.  But regardless, Side one was the matching Linen and side two was heavy satin.
I also made the bow-tie.  Too cute. :) I wish we'd taken a shot of just him but all we have are tons of family photos.  Hindsight is 20/20 right?


such a cute photo with our Auntie Tiffany
He doesn't see her very often, but every time he loves up on her.
So cute. :)



Post a Comment