Monday, September 17, 2012

Project 52 | Week 37 | Traditional

Traditional

After many requests, some old family recipes were pulled out.
Coach is happy.
Mommy is glad to cook--by herself.
Some tasty seasonal treats are on the shelves.

Friday afternoon I canned Coach's Grandmothers yellow squash relish, he's been asking for it for ages (probably the entire time we've been married). But because I got the pint jars it only made 2.5 jars with the half recipe I made. I also made my moms jalapeƱo jelly, which is perfect to bring to holiday parties. I wish I had a pressure canner though; it's what you are really supposed to use to can vegetables. But these won't be in the pantry long enough to spoil anyway. I REALLY wish I had my Moms spicy green bean recipe. I cannot find it anywhere in her books and recipe boxes. Super disappointing.

I thought it would be easier to do this project every week. Obviously not. Coming up is also Lloyds late monthly photo, that's late because getting a photo of him is near impossible! So goofy.
Post a Comment