Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mommy Diary: Week 38


Developments This Week:
  • Lloyd's crawling has gotten quicker and quicker.  The best is when Coach gets home and Lloyd hears him go "fe, fi, fo, fum, I smell the blood of a baby bum"--he books it out of whatever room we are in and to the door.  then starts giggling hysterically. It makes me so stinking happy to see my little boy greet his Daddy like that every day.
  • Pulling up.  The crib was dropped for the last time even though he hasn't done it in there yet, so far just on the laundry baskets.  
His schedule is still all wacked out every day.  A month ago he had a nap 2 hours after waking up, then around 1 in the afternoon, and another one around 4:30/5. Like clockwork.  I could set my watch by it.  Now? Totally depends on how good his sleep was the night before.  Which we've been adjusting too because of daylight savings coming up (aka every mom's worst nightmare).  I have been trying to get him on a nap schedule but so far it hasn't worked and there's lots of crying.  He's so dramatic.

His Uncle B left for Marine bootcamp this week and it's crazy to think that the next time he sees Lloyd he'll be a year old.  Coach's Mom has been struggling with him leaving and it rarely occurs to me on a normal day how unusual military life and expectations are for people who have no background in it and have been "civilians" their whole life.  Whereas I am having trouble thinking I'm going to be living a luxurious (aka no moving, no deployments, no crazy regulations, etc etc etc) civilian life.... forever.  It's not even that I though I would marry back into the military, I didn't care about that, I guess I just only know what it's like to have a family in that life. The thought that Lloyd will live in the same house, with the same friends, with all his family a fingertip away, is what boggles my mind.  It's so weird.  I mean he saw his grandparents 3 times the past weekend.  Crazy.  When it's not what you grew up with, it seems crazy to have the ability to call your family to watch your baby while you go to the doctor, or get a hair cut, or anything!  And now my sister and brother in law are days away from their PCS (the movers arrive next week, sad face)--ah life.

He's going to be 9 months old next week.  How does this even happen!!!  
Post a Comment