Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mommy Diary: Week 32


Developments This Week:
  • Tooth number 5 came in and I believe tooth #6 has just broken through but I haven't had a chance to check today.  
  • He pulls himself up to sit from laying down with no assistance (and reaches for your hands when he is laying down and wants to get up), and will pull himself from sitting to standing too.  He's still trying to figure out how to do this with furniture, but it is incredible to watch him really work it out physically and in his little brain.
He also has a good bit of the motions down for crawling, and will even propel himself a few inches, but gets super pissed off really quickly when he can't get to you or whatever is in front of him. He's still faster at rolling but he's starting to get motivated to crawl.  And let me tell you, watching them try SO hard is such an awesome thing.  I love it! He gets so out of breath and is trying like a madman!  He is so close and it is really cool to see them try to take this huge leap right before your eyes!  I am so lucky to be able to watch him try and figure it out. I would not miss it for the world.  When he does something right I give him huge hugs and kisses.  Every time he pulls himself to stand he gets big cuddles, and he even hugs you back with really big baby smiles.  He knows it's a big deal.  He's starting to really love standing.

Which brings me to bath-time.  We'd transitioned to sitting him up in the bath because he hates laying down anywhere anymore since he can sit, but it's a pain in the tub kind of.  So he now gets in the shower with me and sits on the bottom while I hold him.  His favorite part? Slapping the shower doors and blowing raspberries to Coach on the other side and talking to him. Lloyd finds the glass doors awesome and he has so much fun in the shower.  It's more complicated trying to wash his hair (still haven't figured out how to do that so he doesn't hate me) but otherwise the shower is so much fun for both of us. You forget they're just tiny people until they are standing up and you can see every single one of their muscles working to balance themselves: little booties, little quads, little calf's, little toes.  I mean seriously, cutest thing ever!

He is getting so big! He is such an affectionate little guy. He gives everyone big hugs when he sees them.  He gives big baby slobber kisses sometimes too and he knows the kissy noise.  He seems less and less like a baby and more and more little a toddler.  It's amazing and kind of bittersweet.  But both Coach and I are looking forward to one day when he has a nightmare or something and can crawl into bed with us and sleep.  I don't know why, but sprawled out toddler appendages in our bed seems adorable to me.  I remember sleeping between my parents after a nightmare or being sick, and honestly we all slept in the same bed for a while after my dad died.  My moms bed was always a big place of comfort and warmth.  And cuddles. :)
Post a Comment