Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mommy Diary: Week 29


Developments This Week:
  • Tooth numbers 3 and 4 are in and those two center top teeth (#5 and #6) are causing him intense pain.
New Foods:
  • Cantaloupe (yes, found one that is so unbelievably ripe that the juice was running down his chin as he snarfed it down)
  • Egg (still hasn't eaten it but we keep offering it)
  • Chicken (likes to suck on the drumstick)
  • Pear (loved it)
I think I'm going to try asparagus and brussel sprouts up next.  He's still in love with all squash, pumpkin, and sweet potato.  I've also got oatmeal up on the breakfast front. I'm terrified to try yogurt or cheese what with him still not getting any dairy through me, but the pediatrician said he probably can handle it.  He can tolerate me having a little hard cheese now and again, so I have hope.  I just don't want to deal with inconsolable gas plus these teeth.

Speaking of which, I even took him to the pediatrician today because the screaming and ear rubbing was ridiculous the past few days, even we hadn't heard some of these screams of pure pain.  I thought--for sure--we had an ear infection. Nope.  But those top center teeth are right there, she could feel the ridges. Great.  I'm so ready for this to be over! I need a break! He doesn't stinking nap!  He is in so much pain it kills me and nothing at all helps.  Frozen banana soothes him, these awesome Mum-Mum crackers we've found he loves and will distract him temporarily, and that's about it. It's exhausting. And I generally feel like a blubbering failure when he just starts screaming, clawing his face, clawing my face, arching his whole body, and flailing from the pain.  And you hate to give them too much Advil or Tylenol, but it's the only thing that helps. Someone told me about these baltic amber teething necklaces but they sound so far fetched.  I don't know if I want to spend $20 on a gimmic.  

Who knows.  Ugh. So over teething! I'm ready to get my playful baby back!
Post a Comment