Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cloth Diapering -- 6 Months Later

sorry for the quality, I quickly snapped this while making dinner. :)
Who would have known that 6 months after trying out CDing with 8 BumGenius 4.0 One-Size diapers we tentatively tried to see if we would like--my skeptical husband would be sitting in front of the TV stuffing diapers with Lloyd "helping". And he's converting and praising CDing as much as I do. And it's not that big of a deal. We do a load of laundry every 2-3 days. We paid ourself back over 3 months ago for the 20 (of 2 brands: BumGenius and FuzziBunz) we bought and are now continuing to save hundreds of dollars, in addition to not adding unneeded waste to the landfill.

I never would have thought that I would be called a "crunchy" mamma  But as my sister pointed out last week, if by questioning popular thoughts on what we do and give our children and asking 'why' makes me a hippy--I'm a huge flower wearing, tie-dye wearing hippy.  It's funny that by researching why we do or give certain things to our children, and wanting the reasons to be based in fact and science rather than "because that's how it's done" or "because so-and-so did it that way" or "it's easier", I'm a hippy.  I guess hippy should also be linked to meaning a good parent.  Shouldn't we all want to know why, ask questions, want to be better informed?

Maybe if everyone asked "why", kids these days wouldn't be so screwed up, misbehaved, unmotivated ninny's.  But what do I know, right? I'm just some crunchy, hippy lady who doesn't know what she's talking about right?

Oh yeah, but this was about how awesome cloth diapers were for our family.  They are, they remain to be, and I'm relieved we took the chance and tried them out.  6 months of cute fluff on our babies soft tush makes me a proud mommy.  Yes that extra load of laundry every 2-3 days is an extra step in my already nuts life, but for us it works and it is a daily choice I never, ever regret. 
Post a Comment