Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mommy Diary: Week 17

Developments This Week
  • He found his feet! He also found his man parts during a bath one night.  That shiz starts early.... gross.
Things We Have Learned This Week:
  • Excess drool equals facial rash.  We're dabbing up a lot of drool.
  • Breastfed babies can go up to 7 days without pooping apparently.  I knew up to 3, but when I called the pediatrician yesterday to say it'd been 5 days they said to try a few things but they don't see you or get concerned until it's been 7 days.  Apparently breastfed babies have digestive systems that are very very efficient but like to ensure they have every molecule absorbed from the milk.  Who knew? I guess I should preface this by saying they see you sooner if your baby is uncomfortable, fussy, vomiting, or something like that.  
Last Thursday my in-laws watched Lloyd while I went to his baptism class.  He wouldn't eat out of the bottle.  I left him with Coach Saturday for 3.5 hours and he also refused the bottle.  He's taken the bottle in the past!  I haven't been super great about giving him one, but I never thought he would outright refuse it.  I even tried giving him the apple juice (one of the remedies the doctor recommended trying before they would see him, 1 ounce of apple juice might make him poop).  I've been trying to give him a bottle for 3 days now.  Coach has been trying too.  The only way we could give him the juice was by putting it in a cup and he totally will mimic you and drink.  It's messy but it works.  I still need to get him used to it again. Damn it.

This Saturday we're taking Lloyd to the pumpkin patch down the road. I'm excited! Cute baby photos!!! And his Halloween Costume came in, I can't wait.  Ridiculous spending that much on an outfit he'll wear so shortly but it's his first halloween..... right? :)
Post a Comment