Friday, October 14, 2011

I Am The Face

Tomorrow, October 15th, is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  I am 1 in 4 women who have lost a child.  I, unfortunately, know more women who have had a loss of some kind than those who never have had.  It's not discussed, no one wants to hear about it, but it happens every day.  Every day 2,000 women lose a child.  And I don't care if you are pro-life or pro-choice, losing a person inside of you is one of the hardest things many women will ever go through regardless of ideology, religion, or social status.  It changes you.  

So maybe through speaking out, we can change this stigma and this lack of dialogue.  Because anything that can hurt your sister, your friend, or yourself should be discussed.  And you shouldn't have to hide.  

So I am the face of miscarriage.  I am one of many.  I hope you never become one, but if you do find someone who can and will listen.  I am here. Many are willing.  And many more are probably hiding their pain.  You are not alone.  
Post a Comment