Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Baptism Outfits

Lloyd is getting baptized next month.  Caitlin and I had a beautiful Christening gown that we were both baptized in--it is no where to be found.  We've been looking for it since February.  So I have to find something that is suitable but not vomit-worthy.  We thought about sewing something ourselves but needed inspiration. And after seeing the prices for our inspiration, damn.  Expensive!

This 3 piece set is my favorite so far. But it is $90 from FineHandmadeClothing
Plus how cute is this photo? 
Linen Romper, for a ridiculous $75 from BloomersAndBows

This adorable idea is from TigesAndWeice and $30
I like the first idea, a cute little pale seersucker suit.  Which, technically, wouldn't be that hard.  And considering it'll be cold, a more practical option rather than the traditional satin romper. Which I hate by the way, so pretty much everything in the stores makes me want to gag. I'm totally at a loss of what to do.  I basically have no option but to try and make my own since I hate everything out there that is even remotely reasonable considering he's wearing it for just a few hours. 

Is it ironic that this is the most stressful part of the baptism?


Post a Comment