Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cooking For My Family

Since I'm home all day I've been pretty good about putting a freshly made meal on the table every night of the week that Jon is home for dinner (aka not Thursday or Friday since those are game-nights).  I eat leftovers for dinner those nights, but I've been pretty successful at keeping this up.  And I forgot how enjoyable it was to create new recipe's and try new things out.  I'm newly addicted to Chucks Day Off and have a few recipe's I can't wait to try off his show (p.s., he's smokin' hot and makes me want to move to Montreal and seduce him with alt-rock).  I definitely have new celebrity chef crush on Chuck Hughes. drool.  

But I digress. 

Last night we had a totally dorky themed dinner that Coach scarfed down.  The roasted, herbed chicken was nothing I haven't done before (boneless skinless chicken thighs, S&P, herbs de provence, done), but I made a lazy ratatouille like Remy. :)  

It was pretty dang good considering it took me like 5 minutes to put together. I don't have a slicer so I just got them as thin as I could.  Here's how I did it, yum.

1/4-1/2 cup tomato sauce
1-2 cloves garlic
2 yellow squash
1 zucchini squash
3 roma tomatoes
1 small onion (optional)
EVOO
Herbs de Provence

Preheat over to 375 degrees.  Put the tomato sauce and garlic in the bottom of a small roasting dish.  Cut the squash, tomatoes, and onion as thinly as possible and alternate layers, creating a circle or pattern that fits your dish.  Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs de provence (or basil, thyme, and rosemary if you don't have it).  cut a piece of parchment paper (or tin foil if you don't have it) to fit over just the vegi's. Bake for 45 minutes until sauce is bubbling through the pieces but the vegetables aren't browned.  Serve with a dab of goat cheese if you have it. 
Post a Comment