Thursday, June 2, 2011

Preston's Last Ride

My dear friend Preston Haun died last August.  He would be 30 this month.  His dad begins a ride next week that will take his ashes from Key West, Florida to Prudho Bay, Alaska--Preston's desired burial ground.  David will be doing all this on a BMW motorcycle, just like Preston had planned to do had the cancer not returned last summer.  

He has started a blog to chronicle his journey and even track his movements across the U.S.  I wish I could be a part of it.  I am so grateful his dad is such an amazing person to take his son on this final ride, and I hope that all his motorcycle friends are able to join David on the ride as they had hoped to do, many even for a few hundred miles but the intent and the meaning behind being a part of it is so much more than you can imagine. Especially if you knew Preston.  

So to my dear friend: ride west into the beautiful land you loved.  We always will love you.

Post a Comment