Friday, June 3, 2011

Pineapple Muffins

So when you're about to explode with a massive baby you cannot sleep. Like at all. Even with sleeping pills.  Doctor even told me to take half a hydrocodein to try and relieve some of the prodromal labor I've been having (yes, we now have a word for it).  All that did was make me uber dizzy and have to ask Coach to walk me to the bathroom because I couldn't trust myself to not fall over in the middle of the night.  

So instead of laying in bed feeling sorry for myself I baked (because I'm my mother's daughter and my house is already clean and we bake to relieve stress).  Fresh muffins.  Ready to serve Coach on his last day of school today. Wifey points: +1

Pineapple Muffins (makes 12)


3/4 c milk
1 egg
1/4 c oil
2 1/4 c flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c suggar
1/4 tsp salt
1 8oz can of pinneaple tidbits (drained)


Preheat oven to 400 deg.  Grease muffin pan (or use liners, whichever you prefer). Mix wet ingredients together with a whisk or fork, add dry ingredients and stir until smooth.  Add pineapple and mix well.  Spread evenly in muffin tin.  

Now, you can either add a topping (below) or bake as is for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove from oven, if you used a greased tin let them sit for about 5 minutes before moving them to a wire rack.  Enjoy.


Topping:
1/4c brown sugar
1/4c flour
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2T butter


combine well and crumble over top of unbaked muffins before putting in the oven.
Post a Comment