Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Furniture Search is ON

I am having a heck of a time finding decent baby furniture that isn't ridiculously priced, but still really well made. I found some I liked on Target.com so that's where I ended up registering for furniture, but now I'm having doubts. Mostly because I know the dresser and changing table drawers won't be solid for long-term little boy use.

Coach and I have visited these places:
For the prices at Lone Star Baby, I could get stuff on Land of Nod or Pottery Barn Kids! Which is way cuter. Plus we want white, non fu-fu-fancy furniture. I want stuff that looks kind of "country" I guess--old school, but not icky old school. All the furniture we saw was way too girly. I want stuff that will last, be good for future kiddo's, and is not too boy or too girl. Who knew it'd be that hard. So I had to start getting creative and googled baby furniture. Thank god I did. I found some stuff that surprised me today though when I started googling online:
  • JcPenny (where I haven't shopped in years and years) has baby furniture. This set in white looks cute. Who knew JcPenny sold baby furniture?
  • Pottery Barn Kids isn't all ridiculously priced after a second look today: this crib and the set is EXACTLY like what I want (and same price as everything everywhere else and made of solid mahogany)
So basically, we might be taking a trip to the Dallas PB Kids to check out that set. I kind of love it now. LeSigh.... There is a huge PB/Williams Sonoma outlet in San Marcos that I went to once and was amazed at the quantity of furniture there and that it was in perfect condition. We're going to Austin in a few weeks and maybe it's worth me doing the pee-pee dance in the car for an extra hour to see if they've got any glidders on sale there too. I love pottery barn... drool. We also should check out Buy Buy Baby's store over in Plano if we go to the PB kids store. Might as well make a day of it. I just hate driving an hour over into Dallas and dealing with the crazy highways. I'll make Coach drive. Or I'll go alone and make Tiffany and Janet maybe meet me for lunch. :)
Post a Comment