Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scone Recipe

Kristy was looking for a scone recipe so I sent her mine and thought I'd share.  It's my moms and it's amazing.  I usually use whatever dried fruit I have available, the the dried apricots are the best I do have to say!  the clotted cream goes well with them, I've used it when I'm able to find it!

Janet's Apricot Scones
Ingredients:
2c Flour
3T Sugar
1/2tsp Salt
1T Baking Powder
1/2c Cold Butter (1 Stick)
2/3c Cold Milk
1/4c Dried Cranberries
1/4c Chopped, Dried Apricots

Preheat oven to 400deg.  Lightly butter a baking sheet. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, cut butter into small pieces and rub into the dry ingredients to form a soft crumble.  Stir in fruit.  Ad the cold milk, stirring until a very soft dough forms.  Dump onto a flowered board and knead once or twice to make a ball.  Transfer the ball onto the cookie sheet and pat the ball into a 8" circle.  Cut into 8 wedges and seperate to allow air to breathe between each "slice".  Bake 18-20 minutes until golden.

Post a Comment