Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Responsibility

I am becoming increasingly irritated with people in general.  But mostly people who cannot take care of their own shit.  This happens both at work and in my personal life.  I just do NOT understand how hard it could be for a person to follow through on their word. If you can't do something, don't say you can.  It's not just our generation either, I work with so many people who cannot complete simple tasks.  SIMPLE.  An increasing number of things get dumped on me because they can't follow through, or I end up handling them because they don't know how to do it. If you cant do it, don't say you can! 
 
Which means I get the "control freak" persona assigned because rather than having to end up doing it in the end, I'd rather just ensure it gets done on time and correctly by doing it myself.  Because, in reality, it takes me less time to do it that way anyway.  I'm so tired of trying to explain how to do simple tasks to people who claim to be smarter than me or are higher ranked than me or people who bitch at me for taking over for their incompetence. 
 
On a semi-related note, I don't understand people who live paycheck to paycheck and then act panicked when something happens and then they have no money.  It's called a savings account, you are a grown-ass person and I'm not going to listen to your sob story.  All I hear is "because I over spend and made poor financial judgements and am now up shit creek I'm asking you to bail me out, since I know you don't do anything like that and are responsible.  Plus I can probably abuse your kindness".  Well guess what, the answer is NO.  I've got enough sob-story crap going on in my own life, don't dump your superficial lack of financial management on my lap.  You should have at least 3 times your monthly living expenses in savings, at least, so that when crap hits the fan you don't have to worry.  Stuff always happens at once people, when do you ever just have one inconvenient thing happen at a time!  Be responsible, take ownership for your actions (or, really, inaction), and don't complain to me when I won't hold your hand, pat your head, and wave my magic wand to make everything all better.
 
You are a grown - ass - person. Act like one.

Colleen
 

Post a Comment