Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

2010 has been so full of highs and lows even I'd forgotten about everything.  So here's a list of all this years happenings:
  1. We moved into our new house
  2. I went back to school to try and get my PhD at OSU
  3. I did the Big D Climb and got to see Preston smiling at the top
  4. I broke out the sewing machine and really taught myself how to sew
  5. Painted the baby's room and main rooms
  6. We got a new backyard patio and new floors
  7. We started trying to get pregnant
  8. My awesome friend Preston Haun died
  9. We got pregnant again, due in June with a little boy
  10. My little sister got married to a wonderful man
So needless to say, I've got a lot of things that I would love to go differently in 2011.  I also have a lot of things to look forward to.  I'm hoping for some of the following:
  1. A smooth rest of our pregnancy (accompanied by some weight gain would make my doctor happy)
  2. A smooth, natural delivery (yes, I plan to do it without drugs)
  3. A beautiful baby to hold and love
  4. Finishing the baby's nursery, decorating and crafting the heck out of it
  5. Spending more time with friends this year
  6. Learning to be a calmer, less stressed, and less controlling wife and person in general
  7. Starting and finishing my first quilt (I cut the squares yesterday! so nervous!)
  8. Continuing to hone my sewing skillz
  9. Spending lots of time with my sister and her husband before they embark on the next phase of their life: Army life!
  10. "Enjoying" more home improvements (fingers crossed for wallpaper removal! ugh!)
  11. Taking life one step at a time, and living with no regrets as the best person I can be
Just a small list, but I'm definately ready for a new year and a new "beginning". 
Post a Comment