Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baby Diary, Week 11

Hard to believe that tomorrow I will be 12 weeks.  I'm having a harder time believing that tomorrow is Thanksgiving though.  It's almost 80 here.  Definitely not fall weather.  We're all going down to Houston to be with my mom and stepdad.  Which means we're missing both Chilli Night (tonight) and Thanksgiving Day at Coach's parents--about 50 people each night.  It's a lot of fun and it's nice seeing everyone.  We were there last year and it's really a perfect example of how holidays should be--lots of family, lots of food, and a really nice time.  They do the same thing for Christmas.  I don't know what our plans are for that but I'm really hoping we can be home. 

I want to have a tree, open presents, have our house decorated for Christmas. I really want us to be home for this year.  Next year we'll have the baby and I want to spend this year with Coach.  At least in the morning.  In the afternoon I know we'll go to his parents for food, but I'd like to start our own little xmas morning thing this year.  I don't know why but I really want that.  it'll be our first year to decorate this house, both of our first year's to decorate the outside (lights!!!) of a house we've owned, and I'm just excited for that. 

But we'll see.  Mom's doing better, her tumors have disappeared to the best guess of the doctors so she's still doing chemo to send her as close to remission as they can.  We have no idea on time estimates, but the chance she's here for the baby's birth is a little better but it still feels like we're on borrowed time. 
I'm listening to my Glee playlist on Grooveshark.  It's really fun, and although there is nada going on at work right now it's spunky. Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving!


Colleen
Post a Comment