Monday, October 25, 2010

My Rapidly Dwindling Diet

Here's what I've been able to squeeze down the hatch the last few days:
  • Pop Tarts
  • Chicken Nuggets (with french fries)
  • Red Gatorade (no other color)
  • Rice Krispie Treats
  • Cheerios (no milk)
  • Pears
  • Apples
  • Rolaids/Tums (they are now their own food group)
  • PB&J
  • Peanut Butter Toast
  • Peanut Butter Crackers
  • Sprite
  • Ginger ale
  • Hot Chocolate (water, not milk)
So basically, I'm eating the same foods as a 3 year old.  Aboslutely no cravings with this pregnancy yet (Coach is surprised, last time it was all about Strawberries and Ice Cream, coudln't get enough).  Got blood work back from the doctor. Everything is clear except my white blood cells were elevated, so they want to draw them again on Wednesday to make sure I don't have an infection. I think it's just allergies.  Also reminded that I'm A-pos blood type and that I won't have to take rogam--sweet.  They tested me for a whole slew of stuff (even my rubella markers, which I'm good for; also AIDS, which was an oogy factor more than anything).  But I'm not anemic (yay). 
 
Due to the excitement of the weekend I didn't get to bed at my usual bedtime (8pm), and have been having insane nausea.  The more sleep I get the better I feel, although even that is relative.  My nurse asked how I was feeling and I told her I was very nauseous, she told me to quit trying to tough it out and take the Zofran. They're worried about my weight-loss (about 4 pounds as of this morning), so I'm going to take it this afternoon so I can actually make dinner for the first time in 2 weeks. The evenings are the hardest.  I'm thinking pot-pie since it's smell in the microwave for leftovers is not toxic to the tummy. bland is good.   Well, Back to my chicken-nuggets. Gotta squeeze a few more down otherwise Coach will yell at me via text msg.  Gotta keep Poppy safe.
 
still can't believe this little parasite baby is happening.  Looking forward to when I start to show. Right now I just feel bloated but look totally normal.  Then comes the "she looks like she ate too many cookies" phase, then "maybe she's pregnant" phase, then "wabbo that is a baby" phase.  I have some cute maternity jeans I'm excited to try out.  :)
 
Colleen
 
 
Post a Comment