Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mid-Year Resolution

I survived last week. I was supposed to flex Friday off but worked all day, then came in Saturday morning. This week I’ll work all day, every day, like a nut job to finish a project collimating in me being here all day Saturday. Then I go home and have a crap ton of people over because my sister’s turning 22. I feel old…. But it’s something to look forward to. Being positive, I’m trying.
 
I just want Saturday to be over. I just want a reprieve from work. I just want to breathe without stress. I just want to get pregnant this month. Likelihood any of this will happen is unknown, variables are undetermined. My basal body thermometer made the saddest noise this morning like it was telling me to just give up and go back to bed. Thanks piece of electronic crap, you’re right but I have to go to work.
 
I’m also trying to train for a 5K. Which is surprisingly kicking my ass. My legs are jello for the first time in I can’t remember when, which hopefully means I will lose a few more inches and my clothes will get comfortable again…. Here’s to wishful thinking. I’m also trying to fundraise for the big d climb (see the link at right), work with the vendor for shirts for the group, and generally get amped up. So far I’m just sleepy. I think I might also need to go back to see a therapist. There’s a lot of crap that’s happened this year and I’m kind of feeling it the last few weeks.
 
I’ve made a resolution with myself as well to actually put real clothes on when I get home in the evenings, instead of getting straight out of my uniform into sweats/work-out clothes. Hopefully it’ll help me pick my attitude up. Also, I figured it out last week that I really only wear real clothes 1 or maybe 2 days a week, and not even the entire day. Time to break out the jeans and cute t-shirts I own, this has gotten out of hand. Except for tonight when I go home to finish painting the chairs and table I started yesterday (finally lit a fire under my big butt on that one). I’ll post before and after’s on that one later this week. As usual, it took guests coming over next Saturday for me to finally paint the chair I sanded down 2-3 months ago. I still have to refinish my antique chairs…. But I was too lazy to get in the attic and pull them down, there was a limit to my energy apparently. But I did paint the last of the yellow molding in the living room, so now I have no excuse to not finish painting the 2 remaining walls. I am my own worst enemy.
 
So here’s a summary of my mid-year resolutions (yes I realize I’m 3 months late on the mid-year, but whatever):

  1.  Put real clothes on even when you’re just bumming around the house 
  2. Keep up with your cleaning schedule, it does make you feel better when you keep everything clean and it’s manageable 
  3. Do cut-ins on living room walls not already done, prepare for rolling
  4. Refinish/Repaint 2 remaining kitchen chairs, the 2 antique chairs, and finish rocking horse
  5. Find a therapist and do at least a few “check-up/sanity” sessions
  6. Keep training, lose 5 more pounds
  7. Stand up for whatever you decide to do for the holidays, do NOT feel guilty of whatever makes YOU happy
Post a Comment