Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Drive-Through

I refuse to spell it Drive-Thru.  Eye Roll.  My sister and brother-in-law went through Arbys and had a hard time getting the speaker person to come on.  Then they hear “I’m sorry, can you repeat that for me. I was in the freezer.”

Huh? You were WHERE?

To which my brother-in-law replied with an awesome quote from Ratatouille "One CAN get TOO familiar with vegetables.”

I think my family is hilarious.  I also am so glad that my sister and I got through our 14 year hatred of each other and now she’s my best friend.  With everything going on with our family, our mom, and our own lives I’m always surprised when she calls me and starts venting and it’s the same thing I was just bitching about to Coach (or couldn’t even say out loud without getting that traditional Jewish guilt we’re so good at in our family).  Let me just say that holidays are difficult for us for a lot of reasons and we’re both pulled in a 100 different directions, and the only one we want to proceed with is having a family event where us and our hubby’s are there, and at my house (only 15 minute from their house), because we know that would be fun.  Instead, we have to make sure everyone else is satisfied and the “guilt-level” is manageable.  When can we have our own! Seriously! Coach and I still haven’t decided where we are spending the holidays.  If I had my way, I would relax at home, help Coach’s mom with the big Christmas-Eve thing they do, be low key and fun, start our own traditions, and have Caitlin and Lt (pronounced EL-tee-zey) over for some eggnog and bourbon. 

Then I remember that if I hadn’t lost the baby we wouldn’t have to worry about any of this as I’d be ready to explode over the holidays and wouldn’t be leaving a 40 mile radius of the hospital for any reason.  Except maybe cupcakes

I know Tiffy has issues with holidays and families.  I’m just tired of dealing with it. I just want to stay home. We’re both so tired; doing anything else is just annoying.  Really, it’s just laziness mostly. Anyone else?
Post a Comment