Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vacation?

Bon Voyage print by SimplyHue

Coach and I were toying with the idea of taking a short trip over the holidays.  The crappy part is that we won't know when we'll be able to go because of football season--this years redistricting could send us 3 deep into the playoffs....or not. But we wont know until we get there.  So planning is very hard. 

We've been watching a lot of the travel channel lately for some reason and then Coach was laughing at the crazy people on the show Pawn Stars.  Basically, Las Vegas is awesome.  The people watching is great, they have great restaurants, great shows, all that.  We're not really gamblers but people forget how much else there is to do there!  I think he'd love it, he cracks up at that kind of thing.  I've been like 4 times, he's never been. 'Nough said.

Well on Gilt (joining is still free) they occasionally have sales on a Las Vegas hotel or two, so I'm keeping my eye out.  Every other hotel is very exotic and while I would love to go to Tuscany, that's not in our time table these days.  However, a short jaunt to Vegas would be... or maybe a ski trip.  We can't even plan a spring break vacation because he has soccer games that week (fail!).  All the vacation stuff we want to do is winter stuff, it's too hot to travel during the summer I swear!. 

speaking of which, it's 105 today. It was 104 yesterday. I haven't stopped sweating for 3 days, I've had a headache for 5 days (might be unrelated, who knows), and I feel like a camel.  I'm not a patient woman and I'm waiting on a lot of things right now, one of which is for it to cool the heck off! Dang it Texas, you've proved your point!
Post a Comment