Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dear Baby Boy

Dear baby boy:

I am really worried about you. You haven't eaten since Thursday evening. Friday you threw up the entire contents of the only small patch of grass we have in the backyard.  You are barely drinking.  The vet didn't know what was wrong with you yesterday, but she took some blood and gave you some fluids and antinausea--you're just like a little human.  You only want to sleep in our bed and go there the second we let you.  I was so afraid you would die last night because you still didn't eat, so I let you sleep with us and I woke up every 30seconds to make sure you were breathing. 

You wouldn't eat this morning but let me bring you water, this afternoon I left work early and you ate about 2 tbsps of food, you loved it.  But you stopped eating after that little bit.  I gave you some puree'd chicken and rice, you ate about 2 more tablespoons--that's great news. Right now I think you're alseep right next to me. I appreciate you being so cuddly, but I want you to be back to your normal self.  You've lost 2 pounds, which is a lot for your 15.3 pounds before.  You're all boney.  Please eat, please get better.

Please please get better!! I love you baby boy....

Love,
Mommy

P.S. thanks for the baby training. That was some nasty vomit.
Post a Comment