Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thoughts On Life and Baby

During my morning perusal of my google reader, it came to my attention that Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey broke up. Not generally something I'd give a crap about, but I have just read two of her books and am suddenly interested in more than who she is as a pretty face. I'd looked her up on imdb, and checked out more of her books to see if they were something I'd also like to read. I really liked Belly Laughs and Baby Laughs.  They were funny, insightful, and they were written just like I'd write a book about the things no one tells you about pregnancy.  I was both laughing and crying.  Not to mention that they're both super short, so you can read them easily in a few hours.

I think I become more than interested in stars or authors when I read their books and like their personalities in them. I feel sad for her, 5 years is a long time! Holy cow! and they seemed so happy, it makes you wonder about why they'd end it.  But now I want to read a few more of her books. I think she's a nice lady, and someone who really loves her son and will do anything to help him and promote preventing his disease (he has autism). I'd like to think that I'd be that strong if my child was diagnosed with something, and I think I would be. But I also know that I would do it with Coach and we'd approach it together, with faith, and support--she and her husband's marriage crumbled because of his diagnosis (among other things, I'm sure, but still). I can't imagine going through something that hard without Coach. He's going to be such a wonderful father.

But anyway, I loved her books and after reading them I feel like I'm a little more educated to handle the nasties and the goodies of pregnancy. The regular pregnancy books are so dry and don't mention a lot of the things she talks about. Although, like her, I think I'll be fine until it comes time to go to the hospital--where I might totally freak out. They're hilarious books and she's blunt just like I am and I enjoyed how she put things. She's real, and I guess that's why I felt some connection to her story. Check them out, hopefully you'll enjoy them whenever you get baby crazed like me. :)
Post a Comment