Monday, March 1, 2010

Foodie

So those of you who know me know I love to cook. Unfortunately over the last 5 months I've been so busy or crazed I have been sticking to my basics and haven't been doing my crazy foodie inventions lately. This is about to change brother. I broke out my Il Cucchiaio d'argento over the weekend and cranked out some friggin awesome chicken, that only took 30 minute start to table. Gourmet does not always mean all-day. :)

The Silver Spoon

This is the Italian cookbook bible where I have, in the past, gotten my fancy recipes from--and everything out of this book is amazing. It only fairly recently became available in English. It's, I guess, the Italian version of what The Joy of Cooking did for french cooking--except it's the original and not written by Americans. But whatever. It's HUGE (6 POUNDS; over 2,000 recipes; and 1,200 pages!). But it has awesome ideas. It's broken up by sections and has every vegetable, carb, and meat (even game I though only Texas ate) imaginable. It's awesome. And seriously, 80% of the recipes are friggin easy! I love it. My mom gave it to me 2 years ago for Christmas and it's already speckled with grease and cooking sauces. A sign of a well used cookbook I believe.

Also, during my last few readings of the Williams Sonoma catalogue (some people like clothes, well I like those too, but really--cooking gadgets are my impulse buy. that's the only thing I ask for for Christmas usually) there have been some awesome recipes (free online). I tried the White Bean Soup (use 4 cans of beans--it wasn't very thick with the 3 it called for. also, I just used regular bacon) over the weekend and holy crap it was good, and healthy! Coach and I were using bread to sop up the extras out of the pot after we stored the leftovers (just don't make the crustini, they were not great. but get french bread. you'll want to soak up every ounce).

BUT, I think I'm going to make these tonight, they look great!


Williams Sonoma Recipies - Stuffed Acorn Squash

So I'm going to central market (across from my office, dangerous) to buy the squash after my workout. I have to get back into the routine. Also my blood test came back good, so still no idea what's wrong. ObGYN Wednesday. :(
Post a Comment