Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Mom


Not to interrupt my wedding pessimism, but my mom is having her surgery today. She has her whole stomach and some lymph nodes removed. She went in this morning and was scheduled at 7 but got delayed, so I think she just went into surgery a little while ago. They take part of her upper intestine and connect it with her esophagus and create a pouch. She will never be able to eat a huge meal again, but she will will be able to eat and won't have a feeding tube or anything. 6 small meals a day is what the Dr says.

I'm at work, and I wish I was there. I didn't feel comfortable going down there since I'm still sick and I don't want to risk it. I'm at work and I can tell you right now that I'm not going to be very productive and I'm exhausted because I didn't sleep well last night and I just had a crap night last night for so many reasons. So needless to say, not too much actual work is going to get done today. I wish I was just at home.

I know I should be worried but this is huge. I mean her WHOLE stomach. I wish I was there.
Post a Comment